This webinar is one in a series of monthly webinars organised by the Media & Learning Association (MLA) and Nordicom which aims to support the growing number of organisations and individuals keen to help young people become more media literate.
- Introduction to Media Literacy in Greece, by Irene Andriopoulou, media literacy policy expert, working for EKOME SA, the National Centre for Audiovisual Media and Communication. During this part of the webinar, she will provide an overview of the status of Media Literacy in Greece, describe the relevant policy framework and the extent to which media literacy is supported and promoted in an educational context (presentation).
- Media Literacy practices and experiences in Greece. During this part we plan to introduce you to several media literacy projects and initiatives taking place in Greece:
- Eftychia Touliou, Chairperson of the European School Radio (presentation)
- Dr. Nikos Panagiotou – Associate Professor of Communication and Mass Media Faculty and Director of Peace Journalism Lab, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. (presentation)
- News and updates on media literacy across Europe. Each month we plan to bring you a round-up of news and information about media literacy activities in different countries including new developments, initiatives and research findings.
Moderators and hosts: Maarit Jaakkola, Nordicom and Sally Reynolds, Media & learning Association.
Spotlight on projects and media literacy initiatives in Greece:
- UNESCO MIL Alliance – aims to promote international cooperation to ensure that all citizens have access to media and information competencies.
- Digital Solidarity Platform – an initiative of the Greek Ministry of Digital Government for the access of citizens to distance work, education and entertainmen.
- Digital National Academy – a platform containing more than 150 basic and advanced courses aimed at improving digital skills
- Ministry of Education
- “Can be heard 2021” – European School Radio’s student song & radio message competition
- THISAM 2021 – International Summer Academy on Media
- Peace Journalism Lab – laboratory in Greece that specializes in the study and research of International and Peace Journalism
Links to news and updates on media literacy across Europe:
- NAMLE 2021 – “Media Literacy + Social Justice” virtual conference, 16-18 July, 2021
- 3rd EKOME MIL Webinar on Digital Skills, 6 April 2021, 15.00-16.00 EET
- Webinar for educators and school teachers on game design for school students: Presentation of educational materials produced in the context of EKOME’s 1st Student Competition for the Creation of Board and Digital Games (2020-21), March (exact date to be announced)
- Webinar with board and digital games designers on gamifying historical events (Games designed in the context of celebrations for the 200th anniversary of the Greek War of Independence), April (exact date to be announced)