The Association is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR). In cases where we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the services provided by The Association or by using its websites, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Association may change this policy when necessary by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are in agreement with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 January 2020.
What we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- contact information including postal and email addresses
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping: this includes registration to events and competitions organised by the Association, membership registration, payment data of fees payable by the applicants, etc. The data are kept for the legally binding period for accountancy and auditing purposes, according to the Belgian Law.
- We may use the information to improve our services, e.g. we may use the information to customise the website according to the specific interests of our users.
- We may periodically send emails about news and events in the area of Media and Education, or other information which we think you may find relevant using the email address that you have provided. You have to opt in to receive such e-mails from the Association. You can unsubscribe at any time. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes relevant to Media and Education. If you opted in, we may contact you by email, in case you gave us your address, by mail, or by phone in case you gave us your phone number,. You can opt out at any time.
- the Association, being a non-profit public company, will never use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, except for promoting its own activities and events organised in the interest of its own members and partners.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Personal data processed for contact/customer management will be stored for the time necessary to satisfy legal requirements (in terms of bookkeeping, among others).
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to allow or restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- when you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you can choose whether you allow The Association to use the information you submit for sending you by e-mail newsletters and notices about its activities and events;
- if you have previously agreed to The Association using your personal information for the above purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute, lease or transfer in any way your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may request to erase the personal data record which we hold about you at any time, except for the data records kept for accountancy and auditing purposes during the legally binding period. Erasure takes effect after receiving your notification.
Links to other websites
The contact/customer has the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Protection Commission (35 Rue de la Presse, 1000 Brussels – email@example.com).
Last updated: 26/09/2020