10/2022 to 10/2024
The European EDUmake project is based on an innovative interactive EDUbox educational format. EDUmake partners in Belgium, Croatia and The Netherlands are creating localised versions of existing EDUbox materials aimed at 12-18 year olds as developed by VRT based on high-quality audiovisual content and interactive engagement strategies. EDUbox materials are focused on important societal challenges such as inclusion, polarisation, tackling disinformation, culture and social media. They will be tested out in classrooms in partner countries and the feedback gathered will be used to further refine and advance the EDUbox approach.
EDUmake partners have created a dedicated EDUbox Politics: From vote to policy for use in the classroom in preparation of the European elections taking place in 2024.
EDUmake is a two year project led by VRT in Belgium that began in October 2022 funded under the European Commission’s Creative Europe Programme.
Part of the project remit is to create an easy-to-use format for translating and contextualising EDUbox packages across the EU and potentially beyond. This includes a set of tools, strategies and materials that teachers and others can use in the future to create their own EDUboxes on topics that they consider important.
- De Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroeporganisatie nv (VRT), Belgium
- Media & Learning Association (MLA), Belgium
- Stichting NTR (NTR), the Netherlands
- Interuniversitair Micro-Electronica Centrum (IMEC/Mediawijs), Belgium
- Sveuciliste U Zagrebu Fakultet Politickih Znanosti (FPZG), Croatia
EDUbox in a nutshell
EDUbox is an educational concept developed by VRT to introduce secondary school students to a specific social topic. EDUbox aims to inform young people and stimulate them to get involved themselves. The topics centre around (world) citizenship, critical thinking, science and technology, …
EDUbox is a free learning tool for teachers to work towards specific educational attainment levels and several key competencies. It is a ready-made package based on the theory of deep learning, which combines technology, didactics and storytelling to create a fun and educational learning experience.
Learn more about what an EDUbox is⤵️
Why should you consider localising EDUbox Politics: From vote to policy?
- Tested and proven educational resources. The EDUbox materials have been developed and tested by the consortium partners, ensuring their educational quality and effectiveness.
- Building on existing resources. The adaption process allows organisations to build on the existing EDUbox materials rather than starting from scratch. This means they can adapt the content to local context, including the political systems, institutions, and processes.
- Guidance and support. The EDUmake consortium is committed to providing guidance and support throughout the adaptation process.
- Access to customised tools and web apps. Organisations will get access to a set of tools customised to meet the requirements of the EDUbox on democratic elections.
If you are interested in localising EDUbox Politics, please feel free to fill out the form below or contact Tim van Lier for more information.
As the 2024 European Parliament elections approach, the EDUmake consortium introduces EDUbox Politics, a new and engaging learning resource aimed at empowering young voters. Designed to equip the youth with a practical understanding of politics, the EDUbox incorporates relatable scenarios and interactive elements to engage participants. It offers a user-friendly interface and high-quality content, currently available in English and Dutch (tailored for the Belgian context), with plans to release Dutch (for the audience in the Netherlands) and Croatian versions in early 2024. The resource aims to enhance political literacy and encourage active participation in discussions surrounding the upcoming elections. Explore EDUbox and join us in shaping the future of democracy!
EDUboxes available in English:
- EDUbox Politics: from vote to policy
- EDUbox Ideology: Thinking about ideals and political visions
- EDUbox Persuasion: About slogans, political communication & propaganda
EDUbox Politics localised for different countries:
- EDUbox Politiek: Jouw stem in ons politiek systeem (NL, adapted for the Belgian context)
Read the full article ‘Empowering young voters: teaching material targeting EP elections ’24“‘to learn more.
This Project has received funding from the European Union under grant agreement: CREA-CROSS-2021- INNOVLAB-Project 101059958
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.