This webinar is one in a series of monthly webinars organised by the Media & Learning Association (MLA) and Nordicom which aims to support the growing number of organisations and individuals keen to help young people become more media literate.
- Introduction to Media Literacy in the Baltic states (presentation) by Maarit Jaakkola who provided an overview of the status of Media Literacy in the Baltic countries, describing the relevant policy framework and the extent to which media literacy is supported and promoted in an educational context. Maarit did this based on work carried out for the Central European Journal of Communication;
- Media Literacy practices and experiences in the Baltic states:
- News and updates on media literacy across Europe. During this section, we gave a short round-up of news and information about media literacy activities in different countries including new developments, initiatives and research findings.
Moderators and hosts: Maarit Jaakkola, Nordicom and Sally Reynolds, Media & learning Association.
Spotlight on projects and media literacy initiatives in the Baltic States
- Participation Resource Pool – online tools that help foster young people’s critical thinking and media literacy to increase the quality of youth participation.
- The Baltic MIL Summit: The Dark Side of Media and Information Literacy – a recent MIL event that took place on 26-27 November.
Links to news and updates on media literacy across Europe
- European Digital Media Observatory – a platform to support the work of a multidisciplinary community with expertise in the field of online disinformation.
- Making Sense of Media – is currently looking for volunteers to test the first version of the prototype website. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org