This webinar is one in a series of monthly webinars organised by the Media & Learning Association (MLA) and Nordicom which aims to support the growing number of organisations and individuals keen to help young people become more media literate.
- Introduction to Media Literacy in Italy. During this part of the webinar, Maria Ranieri, PhD, who is a full professor of Education, Media and Technology at the University of Florence, will provide an overview of the status of Media Literacy in Italy, describe the relevant policy framework and the extent to which media literacy is supported and promoted in an educational context. (presentation)
- Media Literacy practices and experiences in Italy. During this part we will introduce you to several media literacy projects and initiatives taking place in Italy. Presenters:
- Luciano Di Mele is a researcher in Media Education and Technology of Education will be presenting Scatti project. (presentation)
- Isabella Bruni (PhD) is a researcher, trainer, and Media Educator at the University of Florence will be presenting the Edu Eco project. (presentation)
- News and updates on media literacy across Europe. Each month we plan to bring you a round-up of news and information about media literacy activities in different countries including new developments, initiatives and research findings.
Moderators and hosts: Maarit Jaakkola, Nordicom and Sally Reynolds, Media & learning Association.
These webinars are open to anyone interested in the topic of media literacy including researchers, practitioners and policy makers.
Spotlight on projects and media literacy initiatives in Italy:
- MED– Italian Association for Media and Communication Education
- “Media Education – Studi, ricerche e buone pratiche”– this journal aims to increase knowledge and understanding of ways in which digital technology can enhance education, through the publication of high-quality research, which extends theory and practice.
- Con i Bambini Foundation – Scatti project blog
- E.D.I. Accendiamo i diritti! – Youtube channel of E.D.I., a social cooperative that promotes the Rights of Childhood and Adolescence through educational activities.
- Scatti – Scatti project Facebook account
- MEETolerance – media education activities and methods to support social inclusion
- Media Education Week (Italy) – more information about the Media Education Week’s events