TransACTION! is a project on Media and Learning Design for European Higher Education, it brings together partners from Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Belgium who are involved in activities and projects in the field of media based learning. The overall objective is to develop and up-scale effective media-based learning strategies and resources in Higher Education. The TransACTION! team will develop a series of tangible methods, tools and resources aimed at supporting academic teaching staff and students in using, adapting, designing, and applying multimedia teaching formats, defining a co-creation framework for media design and production, supporting service staff within the universities in designing, developing, and producing scientifically sound innovative concepts and promoting media formats within the European HE researcher and practitioner community.
The project aimed at supporting the development of a common European interest area in the field of research, innovation, and production of media for learning in Higher Education.
TransACTION! addresses teaching and learning support and service centres in universities, lecturers and teaching staff, technical and support staff, educational technologists, innovation specialists, audio-visual staff and others in universities involved in multimedia design and production. The team will also address policy and decision-makers in order to stimulate media-based teaching and learning offers in HE at regional, national and European levels by providing expertise in the effective and efficient large-scale utilization of media-based teaching and learning services.
Members of the TransACTION! Consortium:
- Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nurnberg, Germany
- Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- KU Leuven, Belgium
- Valencia Universitat Politecnica, Spain
- Media & Learning Association, Belgium
Contact project coordinator: Sonia Hetzner
The TransACTION! team plan to develop 5 results:
- Co-creation Framework for enhancing and promoting Media and Learning Design in Higher Education
- Open Online Courses on Media and Learning Design
- Hub for Co-learning Media Resources for Higher Education
- Training Activities on Media and Learning Design in Higher Education
- Recommendation Report on strategies for Promoting Media and Learning Design in Higher Education
- MLA 2022 Conference: Workshop on a multimedia learning design framework 2nd June 2022, 11:30 – 13:00, led by Evert Binnard, KU Leuven, Belgium & Tim Wohltmann, Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands.
- Online Seminar: 15 Dec. 2022, 14:00 – 15:30. More information will follow on this session.
More information to follow.
Would you like to find out more about what the project team is doing and get involved? Then join the TransACTION!+ focus group. This is an informal network of practitioners who are working to create effective media-based learning strategies and resources in their own institution.
Members of TransACTION!+ are asked to:
- provide feedback about their learning needs in relation to the creation of media-based learning strategies and resources through a short survey to be launched at the end of August 2022
- take part in beta testing of the different project results including the course, resources hub and workshops
- provide input and feedback on the recommendations that we are developing concerning strategies for promoting high-quality media and learning design in higher education.
- disseminate project outcomes and results amongst colleagues and peers and provide feedback generally on the work undertaken in the project.
For more information on how you can join, contact: Chloé Pété
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Erasmus+ programme under grant agreement: KA220-HED-891C1312
The European Commission’s support for this project does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the partners, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.